What Velux Skylights Would Do For Your House
Most people don’t think about skylights when they are planning to renovate their home. But what if we told you that skylights could actually make a huge difference in your home’s energy efficiency? In this article, we will show you how Velux skylights can help improve your home’s energy efficiency and why they are worth considering for your next renovation project!
What are Velux skylights?
Velux skylights are a type of window that is installed in the roof, typically in homes. They allow for natural light to enter the home, and can help to improve energy efficiency. Many people choose Velux skylights because they are easy to install and maintain, and can provide a significant boost to the value of your home.
The benefits of Velux skylights
If you’re thinking about adding skylights to your home, Velux skylights are a great option to consider. Here are some of the benefits that Velux skylights can provide:
1. Better natural lighting – Velux skylights let in more natural light than traditional windows, which can help to improve the overall ambiance of your home. Additionally, the extra light can help to reduce energy costs by reducing the need for artificial lighting.
2. Improved ventilation – Velux skylights can also help to improve the ventilation in your home. They can be opened to allow fresh air in, which can help to reduce stuffiness and odors.
3. Enhanced curb appeal – Skylights can add a touch of luxury to your home and make it stand out from the rest. They’re also a great selling point if you ever decide to put your house on the market.
4. Increased resale value – Because Velux skylights offer all of the above benefits, they can also help to increase the resale value of your home. If you’re considering adding skylights, Velux is a great option to keep in mind!
How to install Velux skylights
If you’re looking for a way to add some extra light into your home, then installing Velux skylights is a great option. Not only will you be able to enjoy the natural light coming in from outside, but you’ll also be able to save on your energy bills. Here’s a quick guide on how to install Velux skylights.
1. First, you’ll need to determine where you want the skylight to be installed. It’s important to choose a location that won’t be in the way of any furniture or other obstacles. Once you’ve found the perfect spot, mark it off with a piece of tape.
2. Next, you’ll need to cut a hole in the ceiling using a power saw. The size of the hole will depend on the size of skylight you’re installing.
3. Now it’s time to install the skylight frame. First, put a layer of sealant around the hole in the ceiling. Then, fit the frame into place and secure it with screws.
How to choose the right size and type of Velux skylight
When considering skylights, the two main factors you’ll need to take into account are size and type. Here’s a quick guide on how to choose the right Velux skylight for your home.
Size: The size of the skylight will depend on the amount of light you want to bring into your home as well as the size of the area you want to install it in. To get an idea of what size skylight you need, Velux has a handy tool on their website that allows you to input the dimensions of the space you want to install the skylight in and provides you with a recommended skylight size.
Type: There are two main types of Velux skylights – vented and non-vented. Vented skylights can be opened to allow fresh air into your home, while non-vented skylights are fixed in place. If you live in an area with high winds, it’s worth considering a vented skylight as they can help to prevent your roof from becoming damaged.
Once you’ve chosen the right size and type of Velux skylight for your home,
Alternatives to Velux skylights
There are a few alternatives to Velux skylights that you may want to consider for your house. One option is the SolarTube, which is a tubular skylight that can be installed in any room of your house. It is designed to bring in natural light and ventilation, and it can be operated manually or automatically. Another alternative is the Sunpipe, which is a type of skylight that can be installed in attics and other hard-to-reach places. It is designed to reflect sunlight down into the room, and it can be controlled with a remote control.
Contact Us Below For Professional Help
If you’re looking for a way to add natural light and ventilation to your home, consider Velux skylights. These skylights are designed to provide both function and style, and can be a great addition to any home.
There are many benefits of Velux skylights, including the fact that they can help reduce your energy bills. In addition, they can also increase the value of your home and make it more comfortable to live in.
If you’re interested in learning more about Velux skylights, we encourage you to contact us today. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and help you find the perfect skylight for your home.